By joining as a Heavy Manners member you are not only getting access to borrow publications from our unique library of books and zines. You are also helping support the many programs and services we offer to artists and the public, including our educational programming, artist exhibitions, original publications, community fundraisers, and in-store/online presentations and performances. Thank you for helping us continue to circulate art and ideas, create new opportunities for artists and independent publishers, and support creative communities at large.
Questions? Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is our book borrowing policy at Heavy Manners Library:
- Members can borrow books for a period of six weeks at a time.
- Members can borrow a maximum of six books at a time.
- If you would like to request an extension, please get in touch at least 24 hours before the books are meant to be returned.
- Members will be required to pay 50% of the cost to replace any books that are significantly damaged upon return.
- Members will be required to pay 100% of the cost to replace any books that are lost or destroyed while being borrowed.
- Members and non-members are welcome to scan any of our books or their own work on our scanner during our regular hours.
Notice: Book borrowing will be limited to members in and around Los Angeles for now.
We plan to launch a mailing service to accommodate members around the US later this year. If you do not live in or near Los Angeles, you can still sign up as a member to support Heavy Manners, and you will qualify for book borrowing once our shipping service is implemented.